Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Update on Recovery

As of today, Tuesday the 4th of December, my body seems to be getting back on the bandwagon of recovering after training. As always, my pecs and anterior delts are completely DOMS-free. There is a very, very, very faint hint of soreness in my triceps, posterior deltoids, erectors, lats and traps. Hamstrings feel fine, glutes feel fine, calves feel fine, and there's a fairly normal, uninteresting level of DOMS in my quads and adductors. Jelly-leg syndrome is pretty much gone. There's a bruise on my right leg where the muscle got sad on Saturday. I've done some light stretching today, and all is good. Two more sessions of lifting this week, then off to a church camp for the weekend, and back to it on Monday.

I'm thinking I'll do 4 sets (instead of 8) of squats on Wed this week, 5 sets (instead of 10) on Fri, and hopefully be good for the full 6x6 on Mon, with normal volume thereafter. If my quads (or my injury) don't take kindly towards all the sets, then I might keep the volume back on squats, but I hope not to have to do that.

I didn't enjoy doing this yesterday, but I think it helped me to walk today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

For reasons that are beyond me, I like to hear what people think, so please leave a comment and let's work together to trick random passers-by into thinking this blog is actually popular.