Saturday, December 1, 2012

Smolov Jr, Day 1 -- Sat 01/12/12

Well, today went much better than yesterday. My form was much smoother, and I hit all my target reps. I'll never be able to walk again, but such is life. I did some foam rolling before and after, which was mildly excruciating. Hopefully it makes tomorrow more tolerable. At least I won't be lifting tomorrow, so I've got some time available for recovery now, which I'll definitely need. I may have given my right quadricep more than it could handle, and I'm currently icing what I hope isn't a muscle tear (but if it is, it's definitely a mild one).

Squats

10xBW
10x20kg
5x40kg
3x60kg
1x70kg
6x6x85kg

Bench Press

10x20kg
5x30kg
3x40kg
1x50kg
6x6x55kg

Something to note about bench pressing with most typical powerlifting techniques is that it isn't a chest-dominant exercise. Bench is typically done outside of PL for pecs, but with this technique, I barely feel it in my chest at all. Today is no exception. Even though I reached technical failure yesterday, my chest isn't sore today, and other than some light tension in my pecs, there isn't much of a sign that they've even been used.

The muscle that takes a nap when Ryan benches.


Assistance

DB Curls/Hyperextensions/Rear Delt Flys/Calf Raise (circuit)
20x7.5kg, 15x7.5kg/2x15/2x10x5kg/2x15x220lb

Calf Raises are getting back up to speed with where they ought to be. Funny what just showing up does. I think I prefer band pull aparts over rear delt flys, since there's tension through the full movement and I seem to get more middle traps/lower traps/rhomboids out of it. So I'll try and do them next time, rather than flys.

Band Pull Aparts

No comments:

Post a Comment

For reasons that are beyond me, I like to hear what people think, so please leave a comment and let's work together to trick random passers-by into thinking this blog is actually popular.